We are real foodies, and we have made it our goal to introduce visitors to the ‘excellence of English’ traditional food.
When you come on the Sunday Shoreditch food tour you will get to sample many delights:
- Firstly, you will stop off at the 24 hour Beigal shop for a doughy satisfaction of freshly baked beigals - which have been the prime attraction since the late 19th century.
- Your local guide will point out some of the main highlights before heading to the famous Ghanaian Cocoa Truffle shop - Here you will be taken to into a Chocolate Heaven with a unique atmosphere! You will be blown away by some of the finest truffles around. You will be spoilt for choice as you pick some of your own delights to indulge in.
- Explore the exciting indoor food market with delightful smells overwhelming as you walk around. When you return, a treat is instore as you try one of the popular Indian dishes around!
- Your personal guide will take you to an Indian savoury store where you will get to try a favourite Indian snack popular within the Asian community.
- If you are lucky enough you will witness some street artists in action!
- The tour will then take you down the narrow-cobbled streets to a historic pub where you will get a chance to sit and try some refreshing Truman's Ale.
- Want to try some of the best Fish and Chips in the East end? - Poppies is the next stop - selling fresh fish and triple cooked chips wrapped in paper printed newspaper - the old-fashioned way!
- What better way to end with a nice cup of English Breakfast Tea and some freshly prepared English deserts (carrot cake / lemon tart / chocolate brownie)
- Oh, and of course we cannot forget the Secret Dish too...
Please note: the itinerary is subject to change, based on the locations availability and weather.