Halong Bay is a UNESCO World Heritage site and you'll be reminded of this several times throughout your tour. UNESCO has picked out 830 World Heritage sites around the world, chosen for their cultural and historical importance, and also for their geological uniqueness. Halong Bay offers a little of all three.
It's not the cliffs themselves that make Halong Bay unique, but rather their sheer number. A huge bay, dotted with nearly 2,000 mostly uninhabited limestone cliffs, the breathtaking scenery is very similar to that of the Andaman coast of Thailand, Vang Vieng in Laos and Guilin in China.
Day 1: Hanoi – Halong Bay (L/D)
- 7.45-8.15 Pick-up at the hotel.
- 10.00 Having short break at stopover in Hai Duong Province.
- 12.00 – 12.30: Embark on our Cruise followed by a short cruise briefing and enjoy welcome-drink. Check in the cabin.
- 13.15: Enjoy lunch with sampling regional fresh seafood while cruising on exquisite water, passing Incense Burner Island, Fighting Cock islet, Stone Dog… our Cruise will bring you to explore Ha Long Bay on the most wonderful route where just a few cruises go through.
- 15.00-16.30 Back to Cruises to fresh and then visit Pearl Farmto witness the whole process to make a valuable pearl and expensive jewelry from the first step of growing and harvesting pearl from Halong Bay ( this option’s available upon request). Back to Cruises and join sunset party. Join our Cooking Class in the restaurant. Let’s see how to make the fresh/fried spring rolls and mix fish-sauce. Pass by Soi Sim Beach, “Rang Dua” Island to sleeping area near The Surprising cave.
- 19:30: Under the magnificent night sky, our set-menu dinner is served with a variety of Vietnamese and Asian foods.
- Evening activities: Join squid fishing on boat with our crews, Playing card, karaoke….Or Laze yourself with our happy-hour drinks at the bar. Overnight on Our Cruises.
DAY 2 : HALONG BAY – HANOI ( B/L )
- 06:15: Morning exercises on the Sun-deck.
- 07:15: Have breakfast with Coffee, tea and Bakeries on board.
- 08:00: Visit the Surprising Cave (Hang Sung Sot) discovered by the French in 1901. Opened for tourists since 1936, now it is a must-to-see and a symbol for geology value of Halong.
- 09:30: Check out time. Then relax on the sun-deck or inside the restaurant to enjoy the bay’s scenery.
- 10:15: Enjoying a traditional Vietnamese lunch while cruising back to the pier.
- 12:00: Check out cruise. Our car will be at your disposal to pick you up then drive back to Hanoi.
- 16:30: Arrive in Hanoi. End of the trip!