Explore the historic temples of Delhi on a full-day sightseeing tour by air-conditioned vehicle. Visit the Lotus Temple, Lakshmi Narayan, Akshardham Temple, and Gurdwara Bangla Sahib.
This tour start morning time 08:00 am start from your own booked hotel in New Delhi. Explore the temples of Delhi on this 8-hour guided tour by air-conditioned car or coach. The tour includes temples of various faiths, disciplines and historical periods, offering the opportunity to contrast architectural styles and explore India’s rich faith-based history.
- Explore the historic and recent temples of Delhi and compare the various faihs of India.
- Visit the gleaming lotus-petal shaped temple of the Bahai Lotus Temple
- Admire the 17th-century Gurdwara Bangla Sahib of the Sikhs
- See the beautifully adorned walls of the Hindu Laxminarayan Temple
- Walk through the landscaped gardens of the awe-inspiring Swaminarayan Akshardham Temple, completed in 2005 at a cost of USD 2 billion.
- You will also visit Laxminarayan Temple, a Hindu temple built in 1933 in honor of the Hindu goddess of wealth, Lakshmi. A manifestation of Lord Vishnu, the walls of the temple are beautifully decorated with various Hindu symbols and quotes from the Gita and the Upanishads.
- Continue your tour at Gurdwara Bangla Sahib, originally a bungalow belonging to Raja Jai Singh, an Indian ruler in the 17th century. Previously known as Jaisinghpura Palace, it is one of the most important sites of Sikh worship in Delhi and is notable for its gleaming golden domes.
- You will visit the Lotus Temple of the Bahai faith, which is broad in its outlook, and scientific in the influence it exerts on the hearts and minds of men. With its gleaming lotus-like marble structure, perched on Bahapur Hills in south Delhi, the temple is a must-visit for every tourist to the city. Constructed in 1986, it is the 7th most modern Bahai house of worship in the world. (Note: This temple is closed on Monday)
- Finally, explore the Sri Swaminarayan Akshardham Temple on the banks of the River Yamuna. Inaugurated by the President of India, Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam, on November 6, 2005, the sprawling pink sandstone complex spreads over 100 acres and showcases the grandeur of Indian history, art, culture and values. It took over 7,000 master craftsmen and thousands of volunteers from all over the world almost 5 years to complete, at a cost of USD 2 billion. (Note: This temple is closed on Monday)
Later drive back to your hotel in Delhi. Tour end with magical memories.