River Tay white water rafting trips are a great way to experience the thrills of rafting on the famous River Tay!
The famous River Tay is the perfect introductory river to take out first time adventurers. A thrilling half-day experience for all ages and sizes of group, rafting on River Tay offers you the perfect conditions to get your feet wet and learn rafting skills from our expert guides. This six miles journey starts at our home base in Aberfeldy and ends in Grandtully. At the start of your journey to the rapids, you will be able to enjoy stunning scenery along the Tay Valley as the river winds lazily through the valley; rolling hills, diverse wildlife and tranquillity are hallmark features of this beautiful landscape.
As you acclimate to your surroundings, your guides will teach you rafting techniques through a series of interactive and challenging games. You and your group will have ample opportunity to practice your newly learnt rafting skills before the river drops away and you encounter your first rapids. River Tay keeps first time rafters and seasoned rafters on their toes; Rapids such as 'Zoom Flume' and 'The Washing Machine' will offer your first set of exciting rapid challenges, before the grand finale: 'The Grandtully Rapid'. This is the longest rapid on the river and provides one or two surprises for the unwary rafter!
1. You will arrive at your meeting point 15 minutes before the trip start time to sign in.
2. Firstly we will give you a full equipment brief and instruction prior to you changing into the activity specific clothing supplied.
3. You then receive a full safety and skills induction on the river bank before getting in the raft on the river.
4. You and your team will work with one of our experienced guides to navigate the river and its rapids.
5. Finishing at the end of the river section you will be transported back to the changing facilities and Rafting HQ, where once you have changed you can enjoy the photos taken by our photographer for each trip.
While booking this activity carefully choose matching time and day, available on different times:
Thursday: 9.30am, 1pm
Friday: 9.30am, 1pm
Saturday: 9.30am, 1pm
Sunday: 9.30am, 1pm
Full refund is guaranteed if the cancellation is made 48 hours prior the offer's start date. We don't apply any refund if the cancellation is made less than 48 hours before offer start date.